Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 3- 8/4/2012

Today was just like any Saturday, employed or not. So basically just running errands and grocery shopping. I did get to go with my sis and Mr Aiden for the momentus occasion of picking out his backpack and lunchbox to start kindergarten in a few weeks. Wow that brought back memories- though back then it was picking out your Trapper Keeper and folders. We didn't do backpacks back then, wonder why?  The sister almost started tearing up as Mr A proudly walked through Target with his backpack on his back and lunchbox swinging in his hand.



While I was out and about, the hubster was at home bathing and giving the schnauzer babes haircuts....don't they look pretty darn cute with their new "do"?


I also accomplished the blasted kettlebell working before dinner.... I'll be sore for a minimum of 2 days thank you very much. But you can't beat 20 minutes of time and 270 calories burned. I also had a somewhat healthy dinner planned- veggie skillet lasagna.  However I failed to realize I only had 2 lasagna noodles left in the box so I substituted whole wheat penne and a ton of other veggies including yellow squash, green zucchini, & red pepper. Here is the original recipe pic- looks pretty good huh?


Here is the link to the recipe if you are interested. http://nutritionfor.us/2012/02/eat-skinny-be-skinny-easy-peasy-skillet-lasagna/


Oh, big news though- I got the unemployment paperwork from the State of Missouri (which I figured would take weeks) and I owe the state an apology! I applied Wednesday afternoon and got the determination paperwork in today's mail- not too shabby. So I guess I will start getting payments in the next week or so- woo hoo! Nothing like being excited about joining the ranks of those on government assistance!  And my wonderful sister pointed out that I just needed to get a new tattoo and some fake nails to go along with my new cell phone... you know, those folks on government assistance that seem to be able to afford everything they 'want' but not what they 'need'.  And the new cell phone wasn't by choice- the "old employer" had graciously provided/paid for a cell phone for 13 years- oh the little things you take for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment