Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 1- 8/2/2012

Day one of unemployment.... hmmm, sort of felt like the first day of any vacation. I tried to sleep in but not happening- woke up right at the same time I normally would have. We did have the benefit of clouds and showers this morning so I did lay around until finally getting up and making coffee at 8:30am. Wow, really living it up my first day of no work!

Went with the hubster to see the 11:40am showing of Batman. All of 8 people in the theater. I felt like I was skipping school or playing hookie from work. It just felt wrong to be at a movie theater eating popcorn at 11:40 on a work day! I sat there contemplating whether the other couples were on vacation from their jobs, independently wealthy, or are they unemployed just like me? Hmmm, the things you ponder before a movie starts. Great movie, by the way, and I'm not a huge fan of this Batman trilogy. The ending rocked!

The rest of the day wrapped up with a haircut appointment, dinner with sister and her family, and now I've got a fairly healthy version of peach cobbler in the oven.

So do I consider this first day of unemployment/self-granted vacation a success? I honestly don't know. I didn't feel free. At certain times I felt anxious and nervous. And as the evening has gone on, more and more cranky (thus the reason I have dessert in the oven.) Maybe I'll just say this day was a mixed bag and see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment