Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 2- 8/3/2012

Lordy, still no sleeping in- I was up earlier today than a normal work day! But all for a good reason- I was going to the zoo with my sister, nephew Aiden, and the hubster joined too. We had heard that the animals were much more active before noon and with the zoo opening at 8am I was up bright and early. And it was a great day- I got to spend the morning with this little cutie (oh and Aiden the nephew too!) haha.

That is 950lbs of pure polar bear beef cake baby! His name is Nikita and he's 5 1/2 years old. He kept pushing off the glass with those ginormous rear feet and doing a back dive into the water. Over and over and over again. Watching him swim in his 65 degree pool somehow made those sweat rivers down the middle of my back a little more tolerable.

So Nikita was definitely the highlight, along with 3 Langurs that were chasing each other all over their cage. I swear to god they nearly fly! They are some kind of monkey that completely defies gravity. Never did make it to the Australia part of the zoo- just too darn pooped and the 5 year old was not on his best behavior at this point.

So after 4 hours of sticky sweaty fun at the zoo today I was ready for a shower and a nap. Yep, you read that correctly- I napped at 2pm on Friday! Haha, this unemployment thing could be an okay deal! I even paused to think about what the poor lone marketing soul was doing at the "old job" on a Friday afternoon.... but then I rolled over and started snoozing. Sorry Emily!

We wrapped up the evening with our regular visit to Salsa Grill mexican restaurant (yeah, every Friday night! Shoot me already!) And now just watching the Olympics. Way to go Michael Phelps on your 21st olympic medal- 17 of those being gold! So I'd say that I'm getting the hang of being unemployed and doing all those things during the day that only stay-at-home-mommies get to do. What's on the agenda for next week... surely there is an unemployed things-to-do-about-town handbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment